Friday, January 1, 2010

The Heart That Sees (Part 2)

This second part came to me this morning. Lately, there has been a fair amount of things in my life that have been troubling me. From family, to finances, to… well, just about everything seems to have some kind of problem. L  The thing is, I know that I can’t sit around and have a pity party all day long. What kind of faith does that show? What does that say about my life (and ministry) as a Christian woman, wife, mom, friend, etc.?

My former pastor Rev. Pitts used to say something to the effect of “you can have your pity party for 5 minutes and then you have to move on!” That’s true. Although, lately, I’m beginning to think that it should probably be even shorter than that! Why get my blood pressure high and my face tight over such things? When I think about all of the times that God has delivered me from situations (some much worse, some seemingly mundane), I can barely count them all! I’m excited now – just typing about it!!! Yes, I have problems, but they aren’t anything that He can’t handle. Would I like all of my problems solved ASAP? Of course! Who wouldn’t? However, I know by now that the answer is in His timing and it is perfect. Yes, no, or wait. Whatever happens, I know that I will be okay. I know that my family will be okay. Tears may stream for a minute, but they need to be quickly replaced by that joy and peace that He (and only HE!) provides!

Plus, I realize that I need to get off my duff and do something! He didn’t call me to sit around twiddling my thumbs. Opening my home; ministering to others; stepping outside my comfort zone in some other areas… all are about to take place. I will try my best to not do it grudgingly, although I acknowledge that I may slip for a minute. However, I will turn to His face and think about His love for me. I will think of how He is preparing me for other things. I will think of how He may be using that situation to minister to others. I will have a happy heart. I will have a happy face and I will have joy.


"And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life's span? If then you cannot do even a very little thing, why do you worry about other matters? Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; but I tell you, not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, how much more will He clothe you? You men of little faith!” ~Luke 12:25-28

“Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.”~Phil. 4:4-9